“Brothers
and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward
what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which
God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-15
This week was about endings at
student teaching. My students each day saw more things come off the
walls as my teacher begins packing the classroom. I taught them for
the last time on Monday, then spent the rest of the week assisting as
necessary, finishing grading, or just observing. I attended the
declamation end-of-the-year party with some of the funniest and most
energetic students. I turned my technology tools back in to the tech
office. Then I walked out of the door for the last time on Friday
afternoon. For this reason, I thought about starting out this post
with 2 Timothy 4:7: “I
have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the
faith.” I must say, this semester – and this college experience
– may have seemed a bit like a marathon at times, or a battle, and
I do feel a bit victorious.
Yet,
it isn't the end in many aspects. Instead, I'm striving forward
towards where God is calling me next. This placement has prepared me
for that. The principals gave me great advice in a mock interview
Thursday which I carried into my first interview on Friday. In that
interview, I was asked to talk about what this student teaching has
taught me – and it has certainly taught me a lot about management,
about planning, about connecting to students, and about how to
implement all the knowledge and passion inside of me into the
classroom daily.
Thankfully,
I've also had two other calls for interviews and more applications
continue to be filled out. Even so, I'm struggling to rely on what
God has planned. I'm fearful about the future, afraid that I won't
get a job or that I won't have money. I've taken a hard hit not
having any income for this semester and I don't know when I'll start
making money again without confirmation of a position. God is
breaking me, bringing me to a point where my next step is fully
reliant on what He decides will happen. I just keep pressing on,
though, filling out applications, preparing for interviews, and
knowing that God will open the correct doors at the correct time and
not a moment sooner.
Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteYou have done a wonderful job in your student teaching placements. I would challenge you to put full trust in God. He holds your future. Do not fear! It is a phrase used often in scriptures.
I pray that God's peace and direction will fill your days this week.
You are a great teacher.
Blessings,
Dr. Meyer